Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 38 - Whatever I could find in the Refrigerator Salad

I was running off of steam this morning - was at the ER 8 hours, until 11 p.m. last night with my little boy and a lacerated chin (some 20+ stitches later).  So, I only had to pack one lunch today and I did not have a chance to run to the grocery store yesterday. Translation - HELP!

The Irresistible Menu du Jour
- Quinoa, Tofu, Veggie & Cottage Cheese Salad (oh, right, and some chick peas)
- Apple Slices
- Corn Muffin

On Saturday I made lettuce wraps - hence the  tofu and veggies mixture.  I also had some leftover red quinoa in the fridge that was still respectable.  And, an unopened container of cottage cheese caught my eye.  Not something you'd find in a fancy restaurant, but I threw it all together, with a little olive oil and SHE ATE IT ALL!!!  Amazing, especially since she wasn't that fond of the tofu lettuce wraps!  Just proves that with a little creativity, there is life after leftovers.

Surprise Salad


Corn Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment