Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 54 - White Bean Soup

Monday is usually a cacophony of weekend leftovers.  Yesterday was no exception!

- White Bean Soup (yes, more homework for my vegan chef school)
- Baby Cucumbers
- Black Bean Hummus
- Apple
- Vegan Halvah

Let's start with the halvah.  Our last class, we had a guest instructor:  Fran Costigan - gourmet vegan pastry chef.  I had to (of course) pick up her cookbooks.  I may be a decent cook - but am very lacking in the baking department (likely due to my lack of patience and precision in measuring).  For a playdate where I had to be sensitive to a nut allergy, I made these sesame oat squares, which turned out tasting like really good halvah.

Sesame Oat Squares (Halvah)
If you want to check out her cookbook - here it is!



White Bean Soup
Baby Cucumbers

Black Bean Hummus (tastier than it looks)
Organic Gala Apples
Did you know apples were one of the most highly pesticided crops?  Buy organic...

No comments:

Post a Comment