Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 57 - Omelet on a Waffle

Sounds more like a double breakfast, doesn't it?

I was making the kids an omelet this morning, complete with kale, leeks and feta - when I realized they would not have room (or time) to eat it.  I had two left over waffles (whole wheat, of course) from another breakfast, so I figured I could cobble together something interesting!  I even had this maple tapenade which added some maple flavor without the stickiness to the 'sandwich'.

It all worked out!  Along with some oranges.

Kale, Leek & Feta Omelet
 Incidentally, I threw out all my teflon pans (the toxic chemicals in there...don't get me started), so now I use cast iron to do the messy egg cooking.  As long as you line the pan with a little oil, natural non-stick surface!

Whole Wheat Waffle

Omelet sur la waffle...

Oranges

No comments:

Post a Comment