Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 32 - Red Quinoa & Teriyaki Salmon Salad

I actually got really organized and made and packed this lunch last night!  First time I have successfully done this (and only 32 days into lunch making LOL).

I made some teriyaki salmon a couple of nights ago for a friend who was over for dinner with her kids (got all but one to eat it), and had leftovers - perfect for the lunch box.  So, looking through my cupboard of grains I found some red quinoa that I have yet to try out.  Cut up the leftover baby cucumbers, added some scallions, feta and olive oil - packed it in the thermos containers - all done.

The quinoa was really fast to make - 20 minutes - during which time I prepped the rest.

Full Menu:
- Red Quinoa & Teriyaki Salmon Salad
- Apple Sauce Cookies

The salad is pretty heavy, so I don't think the kids will need more to fill their bellies, and I'm fairly certain they'll have fruit for snack at school, so a fairly uncomplicated lunch.

Oh yes, and no blog for a week.  I'll be back blogging on November 8th.

Dried Red Quinoa

Cooked Red Quinoa

Red Quinoa & Salmon Teriyaki Salad
Apple Sauce Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment