Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 15 - Veggies & Sunflower Hummus

Today I took advantage of some of the great squash and carrots from our CSA (community supported agriculture) share.   I chopped them all up to make them easy to dip into my homemade hummus.  With my Vitamix, I can blend just about anything in a few seconds.  So, I made my own hummus, including the tahini.  The sunflower seeds blended perfectly in seconds.  And, the hummus was delicious.  Except, now it was a mutant hummus - there are no sunflower seeds in hummus. In my haste to make the hummus, I meant to put in SESAME seeds for the tahini portion of the hummus, not SUNFLOWER seeds.  Oops.  But, it still makes a yummy spread.  So, through my mistake, I found an alternate way to make hummus.

Lunch:
- Veggies and Sunflower Hummus
- Whole Grain Crackers (to dip, too)
- Melon

Squash, Corrots & Zucchini

Sunflower Hummus

Whole Grain Crackers

Melon

Lunch Outside the Bag!
All reusable materials that'll keep the food fresh.  The melon is in the ECO stainless lunchbox, the veggies in the cotton sac, the hummus and crackers in the circular stainless containers, water in a stainless bottle and all put into a cotton lunch bag. Sure it is a little extra to clean up at the end of the day, but less garbage - especially of the plastic kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment