Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 16 - Cottage Cheese & Veggies

I wonder what it would be like to be organized and plan ahead?   i just don't think it is in my realm of possibilities...

Today's Lunch
- Fresh, Home-Made, Buttered Whole Wheat Buns
- Organic Cottage Cheese
- Organic Carrots
- NJ Farm-Picked Apple
- Water (which they always get, by the way)

Thanks to a good friend (Hazel) who came over last night, we have incredibly yummy, fresh whole wheat buns for lunch.  As I don't believe in eating deli meats and didn't have much time this morning, I figured the kids would be OK with cottage cheese.  I just put it in a separate container so the bun wouldn't get mushy. This way they also get to put together their lunch by spreading the cottage cheese on the bun at school - thankfully they enjoy this type of activity!  Carrots - well, have to get the veggie component in somewhere and the apples are from a farm about 45 minutes away where we picked them right off the tree a couple of weeks ago (they keep well in the fridge).

Home-Baked Whole Wheat Buns

Organic Cottage Cheese

Carrots in a Sack
The Quintessential Apple
So, nothing glamorous, but I think I worry a bit too much about that.  Kids do enjoy simple foods, in fact, often more than our adult palates would warrant.  Simple, fresh, wholesome.  Nothing wrong about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment