Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 6 - Avocado & Tomato Salad

Le Menu
- Avocado & Tomato Salad with Tomatillo Dressing
- Organic Blue Corn Chips
- Kiwi

I seem to have a plethora of tomatoes, avocados and tomatillos these days. So, they all made it into one dish! Served with a side of organic blue corn tortillas.

Avocado & Tomato Salad with Tomatillo Dressing

The salad I just put in the Thermos containers.  Will keep the salad fresh and cool without an icepack.

And, I got my first shipment of stainless steel containers!  These seem quite good - lightweight and slimline for better portability in a lunch bag; 3 have dividers for separating food.  The 3 sizes also seem smart.  Drawback - lid not tight fighting to be able to accommodate liquids.  But, I have other stainless containers coming that will. If you want to look at some prices, the mid-sized one below (orange) is on Amazon.  Just click on the link.

  
LunchBot Stainless Containers

Don't the Kiwis look so nice in there?
Oh, one issue arose this morning.  My son wanted the green lunchbot, not the yellow one.  :)

Now, this is the least amount of food I've put in their lunch bags thus far.  Each day I get a little bit home (lately the melon I've been peddling hasn't been their favorite, likely due to repetition, not the melon itself).  I hope it is enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment