Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 2 - Pasta Olio With Feta

Well, I had planned to be really organized for today.  However, my son fell asleep in the car on the way home from his first day at school.  Alas - no trip to the grocery store. So, it was another throw together lunch with whatever I could find in the house.  At least I put most of it together last night so I wasn't rushing like a maniac to get the kids to school on time today.

The menu?
Veggies & Hummus
Pasta Olio with a Sprinkling of Feta Cheese
An apple (sliced into quarters)
Water

Grape Tomatoes, Red Peppers & Carrots with Hummus

I've been making Hummus for years, a lot easier recently using a Vitamix.  I did just stumble across an nice addition for flavor - Tamari Sauce (a form of Soy Sauce).  Yummy!  I can make a batch to last a couple of weeks in just a couple of minutes now.

Pasta Olio with Feta

This was left over from last night's dinner of pasta and marinara sauce.  I just added a bit of olive oil and feta.  Instant side dish.

The Lunch Box Day 2
So the results of yesterday?  Well, my son ate most of his chicken salad (yeah!), the peaches out of his peach pie (rather odd, not eating the pastry - but I"m not gonna complain) and a couple of his carrots.  My daughter - completely gone were the carrots and peach pie.  The  chicken salad?  Well, let's just say she had a nice snack of chicken salad after school.

We had a little chat, my daughter and I, just to let her know it was much more fun to come home after school and play, rather that sit, eat and watch her brother play.  Yup - I'm militant.  But, to me, it's important.

Have a great day!  Hopefully today I'll stock up on groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment